Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mason - 4 Months


Mason Richard Burnside

Age: 4 months
Weight: 16 lbs, 9 oz
Height: 25 1/2 in
Mason loves:

  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - Yes, we can add this to this list of shows he loves. Right now it's just Mickey & Baby Einstein that he seems to have any interest in. But I'm thankful he loves them so I can get a thing or two done every now & then!
  • His feet - Recently, Mason discovered his feet. It's the cutest thing to see him try and grab them and when he finally does he holds on to them with all his might.
  • Talking & laughing - Mason has become very verbal over this past month. He laughs and coos a LOT (especially when watching Mickey or Baby Einstein). He also is ticklish, so he'll laugh when we tickle him! It's the best sound in the world :)
  • Sitting in his Bumbo - This kid LOVES his Bumbo seat. He likes sitting in it and playing with his toys. But I also think he loves it since that's where he sits when we feed him his baby food ;)
I cannot believe my baby boy is already 4 months old!! Where has time gone? It seems just like yesterday I was holding him for the first time....and then there's days that I can't even remember life before him! Mason has been such a blessing. I love seeing him grow and discover new things every day! I feel like as he gets older there's going to be more and more to update. And I'm afraid I'm going to miss some of it because my memory is awful [thank you, pregnancy/mommahood]. But I will try & remember everything that's happened over the last month!




Mason experienced his first Halloween!! As you can see from above, he was Superman. The cutest Superman of all! [Besides my nephew, Levi, of course!] We went over to Brandon's brother's house to celebrate with our small group from church. The older kids went on a hayride & went Trick-or-Treating. Mason arrived sleeping. Woke up for a little bit. Then decided he wanted to go home. So not much to report on Halloween.

He got his 4-month shots Friday and thankfully handled these shots so much better than last time. [Hallelujah!!] He had one breakdown Friday night, but other than that he was pretty normal all weekend.



Mason was dedicated on Sunday, October 26th at our church. Three other couples at our church had babies in July, August, & September, so there were 4 families including us that participated. We had our WHOLE family there. [Minus my brother & his family..we missed them!] It was so neat to have everyone in one spot all worshipping together. That was a great Sunday morning!!



Teething has officially started. I don't feel anything cutting through just yet, but this kid will chew on his fingers all day long. He also has a few favorite toys [including Sophie the Giraffe] that he loves gnawing on as well. He drools SO much now. I have to change his onesie in the middle of the day now because all down the front is soaking wet!

He is sleeping VERY well. [knock on wood!!] After his bath, he will go down for the night around 7:30-8:00 and sleep til about 6:30. And now we will have a moment of silence for all the babies [and the mommas] out there who don't sleep this much. Sorry for gloating. If you need to, just pretend like you never read this.



Mason is now enjoying baby food! A couple of weeks ago, he got to where formula alone just wasn't cutting it. We tried rice cereal with just formula and he wasn't having it. My mom suggested mixing in a little baby applesauce with it to see if he'd like it. And WOW. He licked the bowl clean! Well...he would if he could have. So now he eats applesauce with rice cereal and this weekend he tried sweet potatoes and loved them! I think next we'll try squash.

I'm excited about the holidays coming up! I know it's going to be crazy busy but family time is the best time! 













No comments:

Post a Comment