Monday, December 23, 2013

Little Nugget Burnside

Until we know the gender...Little Nugget Burnside will just have to do!


I am so excited to start sharing this amazing journey with you! I already stink at blogging. BUT, my hope is that I will update this at least once a week! Not sure if I'll be taking that "pose & hold your belly" pictures each week. Honestly, I have so much extra fluff I'm sure it'll take a little while for Nugget to catch up to me! ;) But I do find this blog to be a great way to document everything during the pregnancy!

Brandon and I were THRILLED to find out that we are parents! We had so much fun telling our families and friends! There was laughter, tears (happy ones of course), and lots of great memories made in those moments. I will cherish them forever!


P.S. My AH-MAY-ZING sis-in-law (Jamie Beverage) took these for us!


I stole this "update" from my friend, Brooke Hayes. For so many years I've read blogs of mothers-to-be and I've seen all different kinds of these update lists. But for some reason, I always liked the way she did it! So thanks, Brooke, for letting me steal this! :)




11 Weeks

Due date: July 11, 2014

Size of the baby: About the size of a lime! Approximately 1.6 inches and .25 oz!

Maternity clothes: Not quite there yet! My pants are getting extremely uncomfortable, so I've been wearing the heck out of some dresses, tunics, & leggings. I'm thinking maternity pants are my next step!
Gender: Not sure yet! Our NP told us today that at our next appointment (in 4 1/2 weeks!!) there's a 90% chance we'll be able to find out the gender then! I. Can. Not. Wait!
Movement: There's definitely movement happening (we actually saw some today in our ultrasound!) but I'm not feeling it yet.
Sleep: For the last 2 years or so, I haven't been a great sleeper...so this whole "not getting sleep thing" wasn't new to me.
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach! That seemed to help me fall asleep pre-baby.
Cravings: ICE CREAM, orange juice, pickles (typical, I know), cheese, and salt & vinegar chips.
Symptoms: Nausea, nausea, and more nausea. Oh..and fatigue. 
Best moment this week: Seeing Baby Nugget and hearing the heartbeat at the ultrasound on Wednesday! He/she was turning flips in there!
What I'm looking forward to in the next week: Christmas!!! It will be mine & Brandon's first Christmas a married couple and our LAST Christmas without kiddos! :)

[P.S. 12 Week update will come later this week since I'm now technically on my 12th week! I was supposed to post this on Friday. Oops :)]

Until next time...
Mrs. Amy Burnside

No comments:

Post a Comment