Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Mason - 2 Months

Wow. [I feel like I'm going to start all my posts like this.] I can't believe my baby boy is already 2 months [and 2 days] old! He is getting bigger every day and I just want time to slow down!



I am LOVING being a stay-at-home mom. I am so grateful and I thank the Lord daily for giving me this opportunity. Eventually, I am going to get licensed to be a realtor. And I am working very part-time for my church - most of the work is done from home, which is awesome! But the time I spend with Mason at home is the absolute best. I am trying to enjoy all the cuddle time I get right now, because I know one day he'll be running around and we won't have time for snuggles! [Goldberg's reference] Has anyone seen The Goldbergs on ABC? The mom, played by Wendi McLendon-Covey from Bridesmaids, is the most overprotective, helicopter mom I've ever seen and it's HILARIOUS. Her kids call her the snuggle monster and she always wants snuggles [even though her youngest is like 10 or so]. I hope I'm not that overprotective, but I do have moments where I see myself being like her with my kids. Funny show. A must-watch!



Mason's 2-month check up at the doctor is this Thursday. We will find out how much he weighs and how long he is then, so that's why it's blank for now. The last time I weighed him (I got on the scale, then got on the scale with him and subtracted the difference), it said he was about 12.5 lbs. I will say, this kid is GROWING. He is getting so big!! And he changes every day. Some days he looks more like Brandon and then other days more like me. I think he's going to be the perfect mix of both of us. For now, he has blue eyes. And his hair is getting even lighter. We could have a little blonde haired, blue eyed boy on our hands. Watch out, ladies!



Mason Richard Burnside

Age: 2 months
Weight: 13 lbs, 6 oz
Height: 23 1/4 in
Mason loves:

  • bath time - YAY! Mason finally loves bath time! And the time after bath time is the best. Lots of giggles and coos. Seriously the cutest thing ever.
  • being outside - this kid is going to like the outdoors! I can already tell! Anytime we walk outside, he immediately calms down and gets super chill. (We like using this during his daily fussy time, 5pm-7pm)
  • his swing - Yes, people. My kid will finally let me put him down during the day! It's incredible. He LOVES his swing and even just laying on his play mat on the floor. He just coos and makes all kinds of funny noises. And now Mommy can actually clean a little and cook dinner!
  • music - So Mason has been to church 4 or 5 weeks now. This last week was his first week in the nursery. But when we brought him in the service, we would leave him in his carseat and he would sit so still during the music. He was in a trance! As soon as it was over, [most of the time] he would wake up or start moving around. I hope this interest in music continues!
  • kisses from Mommy - so, I left this on here because he really does love kisses! He will start laughing or smiling real big sometimes when I give him kisses. I. Love. It.
  • his Daddy - Mason and his Daddy really do have a special bond. And I love that. Mason's mood usually immediately changes as soon as Brandon walks in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment