Wednesday, April 9, 2014

26 Weeks!!

26 Weeks

Due date: July 11, 2014
Countdown: 13 weeks and 2 days or 3 months and 1 day away! CRAZY!!!
Size of the baby: About the size of a cucumber!
Maternity clothes: All day, errday.
Gender: BOY! Mason Richard!
Movement: A lot! Especially around 3:00 in the afternoon. I look down at my stomach and can see him kicking/punching me. He's so sweet :)
Sleep: Starting to get less and less... and yes, I know it's just God's way of preparing me for when Mason arrives. No sleep in my future. Cool.
What I miss: Not really missing anything this week :)
Cravings: Sweets, sweets, and more sweets. Coke Icees. And still milk! Which is so weird to me.
Symptoms: Big belly. Back ache. Restless leg syndrome. Ya know...just being pregnant.
Best moment this week:  Getting to have Huddle this week. (Huddle is a small group of women from church..it's our disciple/fellowship time). I love having a core group of women I can share my life with and I always leave feeling encouraged!
What I'm looking forward to in the next week: Going to Arkansas for a couple of days! Yay!

Here are some other random facts that I haven't been mentioning in the updates:
Food aversions: BBQ! This entire pregnancy, I have not been able to stand BBQ. At. All. Ick.
Nursery Colors: The walls in his room will be gray, so we are doing navy blue, white & gray. And yes, I realize those are Dallas Cowboys colors. That may or may not have been intentional. You're welcome, Brandon.
Caffeine: Yes, I've still been consuming caffeine. I did some research right when we found out we were pregnant to try and figure out how much is a safe amount. I stay way under the safe amount. A lot of people have been surprised that I did not give this up. But having raging hormones and trying to quit Diet Coke is just NOT a good combo! This may be something I try and quit before having Baby #2 though :)
Breastfeeding or no?: Such a controversial topic these days. Yes, I will be breastfeeding for as long as I can. Meaning, if I get to stay home with Mason & not have to return to work, this will be his primary source of nutrients. If I have to return to work, we will be switching over to formula. So that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment